Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pick of the Week--Artist You Should Know About: The Big Time

I know this Pick of the Week is a day late and I really have no excuse except for pure laziness. Eh, what are you gonna do? I thought a lot about who was going to be this week's Pick of the Week and it came to me during a time of immense physical pain. I'm talking about the gym. What did you think…? Basically I have a Youtube playlist literally titled "Don't Listen to the Pain." It has a bunch of my favorite music videos and acoustic vids that help me get through that whole ugly, sweaty mess. Long story short, I've been obsessing over a cover this past week and I figured the only people who make sense to be the Pick of the Week are the guys of The Big Time! Check them out…

The Big Time: (from left) Derek Mrdjenovich,
Brandon Porta, Dylan Auerbeck, Aaron Porta
If you happened to read my Freaks & Geeks Tour review, you'll remember that I mentioned a couple guys involved in 7 Minutes in Heaven's set. Derek Mrdjenovich and Aaron Porta are only 2/4 of The Big Time. Along with Dylan Auerbeck and Brandon Porta, The Big Time is a pop rock/alternative band from Altoona, Pennsylvania. These guys are crazy talented and strangely addicting might I add. A couple weeks ago, MKTO was my Pick of the Week and since I already can't get enough of "Classic," I was ecstatic when The Big Time covered the song….and they did a hell of a job. Derek's pop/rock voice was perfect for their version of the song and literally brought it back to life.

One thing I absolutely love about these guys is how real they are. They aren't trying to fool anyone into thinking they're above all of the other homegrown bands trying to make it big. They've even just recently started an Indiegogo campaign to fund the making of their new album. Their current goal is $5,000 *which is only about half of the cost it will take to actually make this album* but it's already clear to see that The Big Time without a doubt has a big time fanbase. They're already over halfway to reaching their goal. If you do decide to listen to anything I'm saying and check out this band, I highly encourage you to contribute to their campaign because the new album is bound to be amazing.

Speaking of albums, The Big Time has already released three albums since 2009 including their latest, Dreamers and Believers, released spring of last year. The band has been featured on The Gunz Show and the Pup Fresh Tour. They've also rocked the stage with artists like Breathe Carolina, Mayday Parade, and We Are The In Crowd *just to name a few*. Even as I'm typing this they are playing a show with none other than All Time Low! These guys have a big future ahead of them and I can't wait to see them in full hopefully later in the year promoting their new album. If you have the chance, check out The Big Time and head out to see them if there's a show near you. They are the greatest group of guys and I promise it will be a great time.

The Big Time's amazing cover of "Classic" feat. Timmy
Rasmussen of 7MIH:


Check out the band talking about their Indiegogo
campaign and how you can help out!
              


*Click here to check out The Big Time's campaign and contribute to the new album! You may get an awesome perk…just saying*

Don't miss out on anything The Big Time!:
Twitter: The Big Time, Aaron, Derek, Dylan, Brandon
Facebook
Youtube


ARTIST YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT: THE BIG TIME~AS TOLD BY MADS
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment