Friday, March 21, 2014

CONCERT REVIEW: Demi Lovato--Neon Lights Tour feat. Cher Lloyd, and Fifth Harmony

Arena tours…arena tours…arena tours! I forgot how much I've missed going to an arena tour. It's insane! I've gotten so used to the hectic and crowded vibe of general admission that I've rediscovered my love for arena tours. Having a seat, no pressure, no stress. Fantastic. If you want to hear about an absolutely incredible show that is probably the girliest concert I've been to in my life then keep on reading…

FIFTH HARMONY:

Fifth Harmony on the Neon Lights Tour: (from left) Lauren
Jauregui, Ally Brooke, Camila Cabello, Normani
Hamilton, and Dinah Jane Hansen
Alright so I'm going to be COMPLETELY honest when I say I've never been a big fan of Fifth Harmony. It's not that I had anything against them it's mainly just the fact that I wasn't sure initially how a new girl group was going to go over in the US. I assumed that they would be fine considering they had enough of a fanbase to exit in third place on the X Factor US back in 2012. Although, over the past couple years I've gotten to see their insanely dedicated fanbase grow every single day. I guess I hadn't ever really given them much of a chance after X Factor *I'd only ever heard about 90 seconds of "Miss Movin' On"* and I was quite skeptical of some competition for my girls Little Mix. Fifth Harmony was the first act to perform on the Neon Lights Tour and I was……pleasantly surprised. I mean, they've got it going on. They are very different from what I had seen on X Factor and I was really pleased by their stage presence and natural talent. It was great to see a group of gorgeous ladies sing Destiny's Child and preach about hanging out with the girls. What a breath of fresh air! Got to admit, I'm a 5H believer now. Well done, Cowell.

Fifth Harmony's music video for "Miss Movin' On":

Twitter: 5H, Dinah, Normani, Ally, Camila, Lauren




CHER LLOYD:

Cher! She's talented. She's BEAUTIFUL. She's basically everything you could ever want and if you can't be her then you want to be her best friend. I saw Cher last summer so I knew she would be able to give a flawless and fun performance. She is the sweetest person I think I have ever seen in my life. You basically can't look at her without wanting to hug her. She performed her latest single, "Sirens," as well as some of her previous hits, "I Wish," "Oath," and of course, "Want U Back." She delivered a fantastic set as to be expected with the usual Cher sass and spark. She is the kind of artist that seems to go through phases. She was sort of an edgy/hip style singer back on X Factor. Then she went through the whole rocker/shave half your head stage. And basically through a bunch of different phases she's landed on quite a nice, reflective sort of heartfelt stage. Her newest single, "Sirens," is a bit slower than her other singles but really gives fans a chance to see what this girl is all about: unique and flawless vocals.

Cher Lloyd "I Wish" music video!




DEMI LOVATO:

The woman of the hour. Little Miss Demi Lovato is…INCREDIBLE. Let me say that again…IN-CRE-DI-BLE. The thing with me is that I really have to get to know an artist before I become a fan of them. One of my biggest pet peeves is someone who is fake or puts on a mask when interacting with fans that doesn't really reflect who they really are. I personally need to know that this person is 100% real and doesn't need all the fancy stage production and autotune that lots of singers use today. This is one of the reasons why I am absolutely in love with Demi. She gets on stage and is nothing but real. She wears her heart on her sleeve when performing and, I'm not gonna lie, I almost teared up a bit listening to her talk about her past and how she overcame so many obstacles.

Demi got a lot of flack from the public and the media when she went into rehab and when all of the stories were released talking about her mental and health disorders. It is absolutely true that it's not about how far you fall but how you are able to pick yourself back up again. And Demi did that and more. She has focused lots of her attention on helping and inspiring people who struggle with any sort of self-esteem issues, substance abuse, mental illnesses, etc, etc, the list goes on. The lyrics she writes not only reflect how she feels inside but they are extremely relatable for all of the young people struggling with different issues. I not only respect her as a singer *because she is absolutely amazing* but also as a person. I can't believe everything she has done for other people and how she has pulled herself out of an almost hellish situation and come back stronger than ever. Each performance she gives has so much visible emotion behind it that it makes you feel as though you can achieve something in this hum drum world and not worry about the little things and belt those songs out at the top of your lungs. If you ever have the chance to see Demi live I encourage you to not miss out on it. She is one of my all-time favorite vocalists and I can't wait to see her again hopefully some time in the future.

*Also, if you find yourself struggling with any of the issues I have mentioned or you're just looking for a bit of inspiration here and there, I HIGHLY urge you to check out her bestselling book: Staying Strong: 365 Days A Year. I love this book so much. There are quotes and stories for each day of the year to inspire you and maybe give you that little pick-me-up you've been needing. Get it on Amazon here.*

Demi's latest video for "Neon Lights":


This was an incredible show and definitely one I won't forget. The Neon Lights Tour is hitting Columbus, Grand Rapids, Toronto, Cleveland, and Nashville before wrapping up on March 30th in Indianapolis. Make sure you go check out the show because I can promise you it will be an amazing time. Did I mention that cute little 17 year-old magician, Collins Key, does a bit of magic before each act? Amazing! Follow him on Twitter and check out this video of him performing for Demi!



NEON LIGHTS TOUR~AS TOLD BY MADS
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment